At Aran Islands Knitwear we appreciate a woollen, knitted Aran garment for the time and work that has gone into it. Whether you bought one from us or received one as a gift, proper care of your woollen garments will help them last for many years to come.
- Aran or Merino wool must be washed by hand in lukewarm water as hot water will cause it to shrink.
- For hand washing, choose a mild detergent developed for wool.
- Gently massage the garment in the lukewarm water and detergent. Never scrub or wring.
- Drain the sink and add fresh lukewarm water for rinsing, repeat the process until the water is free from detergent.
- Gently remove the excess water and lay the item flat on a dry absorbent towel and roll it up in the towel, pressing firmly as you roll. Do not wring the towel.
RESHAPING AND DRYING
- Gently reshape the garment to its original shape. Avoid pulling or tugging.
- Leave it on a flat surface and allow the item to dry overnight.
- If the next day it is not completely dry, turn the garment, arrange into shape and dry overnight again.
- Fold your garment and put it away. never hang a knitted garment because it will stretch
WE HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR IRISH WOOLLEN GARMENT FOR YEARS TO COME